The Varjo VR-3 is a virtual reality headset manufactured by Varjo. It was released in December 2020, following an announcement in November 2020. It is the company’s 6th VR headset release.
– This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
– This headset is heavy. 944 g
– This headset has a high per-eye resolution. 2880×2720
– This headset has a high horizontal field of view. 115°
– This headset requires external base stations for full tracking capability.
– This headset is sold without controllers.
The headset features Varjo’s Bionic Display technology, in which a fixed central area of the wearer’s vision is occupied by a high PPD display, and a lower PPD display is used to cover a wearer’s peripheral vision.