New to VR? Wondering what you need to get started? You’re at the right place!
Find the right VR headset
The first thing you’ll need to do to experience VR is get a headset. A VR headset sits on your head like a visor and replaces what you see with the simulated (virtual) visuals. Most headsets also have controllers that you hold to interact with things (though it’s becoming more common for headsets to just track your actual hands). Read our headset reviews for more information.
Find the best VR experiences
Read our apps and experiences reviews to find the best titles for you. Many titles are free, others are paid. VR Voyaging doesn’t sell these apps, instead we provide links to the digital stores where you can get them. A small number of VR experiences don’t need a download at all since they run online from a web site directly.
Read our intro articles for a deeper dive. There’s lots to learn, but hopefully we can help make it easier!
- See how VR headsets work and what the different features mean.
- Learn about specific headsets you may want to buy by reading our helpful hardware reviews.
- Wondering how these photographic VR experiences are created? Read about the process called photogrammetry.
- Wondering how well VR can accommodate your specific special needs? Read about accessibility in VR.
- Confused about terms? Check out our glossary.
We’re always happy to hear your questions and comments. Let us know below if there’s anything else you’d like us to cover. Happy virtual travels!